Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Difference that make a Difference


Other than conducting sales training, one of those things I love to do is platform selling, or more commonly know as stage selling.

As at today, I have done almost 200 sessions in many cities in South East Asia for many different products and programs.

This is one form of speaking which most professional speakers find it extremely pressurizing. This is because, within a short span of 2 to 3 hours, you have to teach, entertain and promote, all at the same time. You are doing this to a audience, which means you sell to many simultaneously and there is no chance to build individual rapport.

Selling to a large group of totally unrelated people also means that you must have the ability to build trust quickly and command the respect of the crowd.

However, the secret to successful platform selling - an important lesson I learnt after doing so many sessions - is really ............ sincerity.

I could still vividly recall my 1st preview years ago. I was nervous. I fumbled; I tripped over my own words. However, the audience received my message. They bought what I was selling.

Great learning lesson.

Until today, I still tell my students:

Never forget how you closed that 1st sale. Remember how you were afraid. Remember how you leave your house worrying about your presentation.

It's ok.

It was your heart that closes the sale, not your skills.

teck beng

No comments:

Can't find what you are looking for, Try Google Search

Google